Florida Litigation Attorneys with a Solid Reputation for Handling Federal Court Litigation
Serving Fort Lauderdale, Miami, the Palm Beaches and beyond
the Firm’s federal practice includes representing clients, whether plaintiffs or defendants, in complex matters. We have prosecuted and defended fraud and securities fraud claims, whether brought by individuals or by government agencies. More and more we are seeing individuals who find themselves in federal court accused of receiving fraudulent transfers as part of a Ponzi scheme when they thought they had been receiving legitimate profits. Our Florida litigation attorneys have defended clients against such actions and resolved many of these claims under favorable terms.
- RICO litigation
- Defense against SEC, FTC, or CFTC actions. The Fort Lauderdale litigation lawyers at Mathews Giberson LLP have the ability to represent individuals nationwide. We are also well equipped to handle complex cases with millions of pages of documents.
- White collar criminal actions: Frequently investigation or litigation initiated by the SEC, FTC or CFTC can lead to parallel criminal actions. Our Florida litigation attorneys have experience communicating with the FBI and office of the United States attorneys on behalf of witnesses, targets and persons of interest.
- Receiverships & Assignments: Mr. Mathews has personally represented the interests of hundreds of investors involved in federal receiverships and/or a State of Florida Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors. He has served as counsel to the Receiver and Special Securities Counsel to several high-profile receiverships that ultimately returned hundreds of thousands of dollars to defrauded investors.
- Representation of Plaintiffs: The trial attorneys at Mathews Giberson LLP actively pursue filing cases in federal court.
Representative cases in which Mr. Mathews has served as counsel to the SEC, Receiver, Assignee or investor:
- SEC v. Viatical Capital, et al., Case No. 8:03-CV-1895-T-23TGW (M.D. Fla.) (a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme).
- SEC v. Americash-Inc.com, Inc., et al., Case No. 02-80457- CIV -HURLEY (S.D. Fla.) (a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme).
- In Re Mortgage.com, Inc., Case No. 00-32263 CA 03 (11th Judicial Circuit Court in and for Miami-Dade County).
- FTC v. Inspired Ventures, Inc., et al., Case No. 02-21760- CIV -JORDAN (S.D. Fla).
- SEC v. David M. Mobley, Sr., et al., Case No. 00 Civ. 1316 (RCC) (S.D.N.Y.) (Mr. Mathews represented a group of creditors in the Receivership of Maricopa Investment Fund, Ltd. and its affiliated entities).